Ok, wedding hiatus over! The 2nd of my DIY projects is now finished and I have a few others half completed, but those are for another post. My most recent easy and extreme money saving DIY project was making necklaces for my maids. If you remember from my recent trip to market I purchased pearl bracelets and earrings for the girls, but couldn't find any necklaces I liked. When I got back I looked around etsy and saw some things I liked, but I couldn't justify the price when I knew how easily I could make them.
Supplies:
- Curb Chain 18" 2mm Silver Color
- Headpin 1.5" 24 gauge Silver Color
- Snap On Split Bail Medium Silver Colored
- Swarovski Crystal Pearls 5810 10mm Cream
- Rhinestone Round Beads Spacer 8mm
Tools:
I can't access Joann's website right now, but it is a 3 pack of jewelry making tools. 2 different pliers round and flat and a side cutter.
I then strung on the pearl first then rhinestone ball on the headpin.
After connecting the bail, which just clips right on, you can just slide it on the necklace (Why didn't I take a completed picture?) Well you can see what the pendant looks like below. I made all 5 of these in less than 20 minutes! Now that is my kind of project.
Purchasing one off etsy: $20
Making all 5 myself: $27.73 or $5.55 each
You can not beat that price! Also included in that price is 5 teal paper jewelry boxes I purchased to put all their jewelry in. And no they aren't sterling silver, but I doubt any of my girls would wear these necklaces again anyway (the etsy one wasn't sterling either). Have you made any of your bridesmaid's gifts?





Oooo.. that looks fabulous!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteI just made handpainted wine glasses for my bridesmaids so far.
Those are really pretty! Nicely done. I'll be making a fascinator for my girls at least! I have to admit that I've never thought about making jewelry though.
ReplyDeleteOooo I love this! SO pretty
ReplyDelete