Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Dreaming of Antigua – Our Honeymoon

Oh how I wish I could fly back down to Antigua and extend our honeymoon by a few months, maybe a year! But instead I have these picture to take me back. We stayed at Galley Bay and according to the reviews on Trip Advisor it caters to an older clientele. We weren’t to worried though because we knew it would be relaxing and peaceful. There ended up being a few other young honeymooners that we made friends with, but still got to spend plenty of quality time together, and closed the bar down a few nights! (the bar closed at 11 lol, not to impressive when you hear that) Galley Bay was a great choice for us and I would highly recommend it to others looking for a relaxing getaway. It was all inclusive and the food was pretty tasty. They don’t serve you huge portions, but sometimes gave me funny looks when I would order 2 appetizers (what I couldn’t make up my mind they all sounded so good!) The drinks and bar staff were AMAZING! Every day they featured a drink of the day and they had a whole menu of island drinks. You can of course order anything you want but wine is only house wine, not my cup of tea. I’m a picky wine drinker. But enough talk time for some pictures!
DSC01334{just give me a drink and this view and I could stay forever}
DSC01336
DSC01348{our cottage}
DSC01354
DSC01358{popping champagne}
DSC01373{first night’s sunset}
DSC01377{the resorts pool}
DSC01433{Galley Bay in the background}
DSC01435{one of the restaurants on the property}
DSC01467{happy hour before dinner}
DSC01483{paradise}
We did have some crappy weather, but got a day or two of sunshine. We can’t wait to return for an anniversary in the future!

5 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I LOVE the sunset picture. It definitely looks relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The place and photos looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything just looks so pretty! I just love the straw roofs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so nice! Glad ya'll had a nice time! I'd love to visit there sometime. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete