Saturday, June 11, 2011

My Long Awaited Birthday Present

For years I have wanted a DSLR camera. I have debated between Canon and Nikon and finally decided on the 3000, they have since come out with the 3100 so I upgraded my request to that. I’m not sure what made me choose the Nikon, my dad has a Canon XS, but every time I look at them I like the features and controls of the Nikon better. For my birthday H attempted to order one from an online camera dealer and it has been almost 3 weeks and they haven’t shipped it. That is where the I kind of got the present I wanted comes into play. We are going to wait for a few more weeks and if they still don’t ship it, cancel the order, and hunt for a deal in stores.

 

I am so excited to get back into photography again, even though it’s just a beginner DSLR. The plan is to buy a few nice lenses and upgrade the body later on. Way back in the days of 35mm I purchased a Canon Rebel Ti with some money I won on cruise ship bingo. I loved that camera and can’t wait to finally join the modern world with an digital SLR.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting!! After our engagement photo session I got this weird feeling to want to get a creative eye and start to take photos. I would definitely need to invest in a nicer camera than just my pocket sized digtal..A hobby that will have to wait until after our wedding!

    So happy for you...a camera will be so fun for you and then you will have to share the pics you take with us online! :)

    ReplyDelete