Tuesday, August 30, 2011

H & L Tie the Knot: I Become a Bride

After all the girls had their hair and make up done it was time for my bridal transformation to begin.

Of course I had to start off the pampering with a mimosa
Mimosas     
Dawn, our photographer, arrived around 2. The girls were mostly completed with hair and makeup when she got there, so the majority of getting ready photos are of me. I had my hair trial a few weeks before the wedding and it looked good but didn’t hold for very long. I was sure to tell my hair stylist LOTS of bobby pins!
Hair
Makeup was a pretty last minute decision. I was set on doing it myself when my mother decided to hire someone. We really lucked out finding a great one. Hollie had taken time off because she just had a baby and happened to be free for our date. I didn’t have any trial with her. I just told her the day of I tend to wear pinks and greys and she did her magic.
MakeupMom_zipping_me_up
This is an old mirror of my grandparents that we brought over for getting ready. Dawn got some great shots with it.
Mirror
And finally putting on my DIY garter. It was really itchy and I ended up taking it off until the garter toss
Garter
Up Next: Bridal Party Pictures

2 comments: