Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Patio Update

We have been busy around the house working on finishing up projects. Sometimes we go full steam into one and get burned out and it ends up taking a lot longer than we first imagined. In the case of our patio we were letting the grass take root before we gave it a trimming. We finally borrowed a weed eater from my parents to tame our patio. In the month since we laid the stones the grass has grown like crazy.
BEFORE:
Paver and grass patio
Hagin started out the trimming, but shortly gave up and I took over.
Stone and grass patio
I didn’t end up getting as close a cut as I would have liked and a blower would definitely improve the look. But thankfully it is looking a little more like a patio now.
AFTER:
Stone and grass patio

Looking a little better, but still not what I initially imagined. I did some research and saw that I should have planted Irish moss. The rye grass we planted is an annual so once it dies I think we will wise up and plant Irish moss. It should be virtually no maintenance and a lesson to do some research before diving into such a big project.

No comments:

Post a Comment