Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life Lately

Sorry for abandoning you. I feel like I haven’t had much to say lately and time is flying by. I have no updates on the house hunt. There haven’t been any houses we want to look at recently and although we are getting a lot of traffic through our house, no decent offers yet. It is very discouraging. We have received one offer from an investor. The offer was exactly what we paid for the house last year and since then we have done a lot of work to, in our belief, at least raise the value a little. Since we aren’t desperate to sell we did not accept. We countered, but they are staying at their original offer. For now the plan is to keep it on the market and just see what happens.

We have had the best weather recently and have been taking full advantage. We bought a year family pass to all Florida State Parks. So far we have only been to Honeymoon Island Dog Beach (which was the main reason for the pass), but we plan to take some day trips down to a few nearby parks soon. Our weekends have been made up of beach trips, days in the boat, and just lounging around in the sun.

Our sister in law gave us free passes to Lowry Park Zoo that were expiring this past Saturday. You better believe with free passes we were there! I loved seeing all the animals, but at the same time felt so bad for them all. The Elephants, Zebras, and Giraffes are confined to an area that seems so small, at least I know they do get good care at this zoo.

DSC_0622
DSC_0641
DSC_0670
DSC_0689
DSC_0733

After the zoo we stopped by Taco Bus for lunch. I have been wanting to go for a while, but it is so far from our house that we never make it out there. We waited in line for our food and ended up taking it back to my parents, thunderstorms were rolling in. Hagin ordered a barbacoa burrito and I ordered a carne asada taco and pork tamale. The burrito was probably one of the best I have ever tasted and was huge. The carne asada taco was good, but I would have rather had barbacoa. The pork tamale was great. I think it is a special that is only on weekends it was a little over $3 and the largest tamale I have ever had. Finishing both the taco and tamale made me feel like I was on a Man vs. Food competition. So. Much. Food. But so delicious I can see why it has such a big following. We probably won’t be eating there very often, but if we are ever near one of the three locations you can bet I will be stopping in.

And that is basically our life lately. I am having a lot of fun with my new blog, Supper for a Steal. I have been trying new recipes left and right. Thanks to my meal planning techniques have been staying perfectly within our miniscule grocery budget.

7 comments:

  1. That zoo looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lowry Park,especially the manatees :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always feel the same way about zoo's. I love to see the animals, but some of them do not have a big enough habitat. When we were at Lowry Park last they had a huge hippo in a tiny pond. It made me angry.

    LOVE Taco Bus! I normally stay away from the Carne Asada because it sometimes gets dried out. Hubby always gets the Barbacoa and I get one of the pork recipes ...it is something "Pabil". It is a 100 yr old Mayan recipe wrapped in banana leaves and SO good. We go there often because we are right by the St. Pete one. They are also 24hrs on the weekends, which is great for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tebs LOVED his first trip to Honeymoon Island - we will be going far more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Taco Bus! They used to come to my company and sell lunches from their mobile food truck, which was really amazing and sinful. I think I'll be paying them another visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting to check out your other blog.. I was going to suggest posting about your meals! haha That's great you have had a lot of traffic on your house, but with all the work you did to it I would have waited to sell too. Enjoy life until the right offer comes along!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Really like your blog!
    A wonderful post!

    Have you got an account in instagram?
    If yes, write me your name!

    ReplyDelete