
or

While searching weddingbee the other day I came across a few posts offering semi DIY letterpress.
Joie Studios offers your letterpress. You create your own design and they have plates made and letterpress it for you. Once they are done they send you not only your invitations but your plate too! Pretty cool keepsake! I emailed inquiring about using Photoshop to design since that is all I have and Tina emailed me back that most people use InDesign of Illustrator because you need your fonts outlined and vectored and she is not familiar with how to do that in Photoshop. I shall research it a little more and hopefully can come up with an answer because their prices were wonderful.
I also emailed Janie from We Heart Paper on weddingbee I saw her advertising $395 for 100 invitations. Janie said they are no longer offering that rock bottom price due to overwhelming response, but she did offer a 15% discount, which makes them very affordable. I'm not sure of all the details or if you create your own design. Miss Thimble used them for her letterpress invitations.
Then there is alway Mercurio Brothers. I heard about them at the very beginning of my planning and have always kept them in the back of my mind. I have read a few mixed reviews, but not enough to deter me from checking them out.
Ultimately I hope to use one of these companies for my invitation. I will just have to see what the budget allows! Do you have any suggestions for other places I should check out?
Loved our letterpress invites from Smock...they are stunning and Smock was a *wonderful* company to work with. They can be pricey though- our guest list was considerably smaller than yours. I hope you are able to find just the right place to make your letter press heart soar :-)
ReplyDelete