It appears that I haven’t even shared the slightest detail about my dress yet. I will start the story from the beginning. In May I began looking for wedding dresses. The first place my mom and I went was Goodwill!! No we didn’t go looking to find a used dress at Goodwill. For the past few years our local Goodwill has held a sale where they bring in brand new sample designer dresses and sell them at ridiculously low prices. Like David’s Bridal $99 dress sale with high end designer dresses. Well we woke up by 3 AM and were the 3rd people in line. We were inside of Goodwill for a whole 30 minutes before I was ready to go. I don’t do well with crowds, lines, and messes. Dresses were everywhere and I was getting stressed out. I tried on a few, didn’t like them, and we left.
Later that day I looked online and a local bridal boutique was having a sample sale at their satellite location they had opened in the mall. My mom and I went over there a few days later and it was a much nicer experience. There was only one other person there, a few people to wait on us, and dresses were displayed nicely. We pulled about 7 and I tried them on. Eliminating ones that were way to small. I narrowed it down to two I really liked. I tried them both on a few times and one of them looked much more flattering on. I originally went dress shopping saying I didn’t want strapless or mermaid and what did I end up getting… strapless and mermaid! It was the most flattering cut on my body I thought. So we bought my wedding dress at a sample sale for $561!!! There was just one small problem, it didn’t zip all the way up. The dress has been sitting in a closet in Nana’s house for the past 6 months. I recently ordered these shoes
Source
and needed to see if the height was right for the dress. This morning my mom and I went over to try it all on and guess what? The dress fits! I guess my 3 weeks of dieting has paid off, and since I plan on losing even more weight it looks like I will be needing to take it in. I took some cell phone pictures of me wearing it, but I am hesitant to put them up. Just incase any wandering eyes see. I will debate it some more. Maybe closer to the wedding you will all get a sneak peak. How was your dress shopping experience?
Wooohooo... Congrats on fitting into the dress :D
ReplyDeleteThe shoes are cute too. I can't wait to see the whole look!