Thursday, January 20, 2011

Flowerama

As I mentioned here I planned on doing ALL flowers myself with the help of some recruits (read bridesmaids.) After contemplating this for some time I have decided to go a semi DIY route. Centerpieces and other flowers used for decoration will be put together by us the Friday before the wedding and I will leave the bouquets and boutonnieres in the hands of a professional.

Our first stop on our search for a florist told me I couldn’t have peonies in April, so onward we went, to Flowerama. (I wasn’t aware it was a chain until I just googled it, interesting) Anyways they quoted us prices a tad lower than the no peony place and have good reviews on Weddingwire so it was a no brainer for me. I get to have peonies in my bouquet! Yippie!

Our florist will be making my bridal bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 4 wrist corsages for mothers and grandmothers, 5 boutonnieres for my groom and his men, and 2 father boutonnieres for $684.80. I plan to budget about $1200 for all of our flowers, which is by no means cheap, but choosing the semi DIY path will end up saving us a few hundred, if not a thousand dollars.

The inspiration for my bouquet, I will have 6 big fluffy light pink peonies and 18 ivory Vendela roses. I hope they are a little whiter than in the bouquet pictured below.
 
           {source}                                  {source}
My bridesmaids will have bouquets of a dozen roses in Titanic light pink and Eliza hot pink.

          {source}                                 {source}
The boutonnieres and corsages will be light pink roses I think. Maybe H will have a light pink while his boys have a darker pink, or he could have white and they could have light pink. Too many decisions! I specifically said I want my roses to be very open, full, and fluffy, because fluffy is totally a word to describe flowers right? The florist also asked if I wanted a toss bouquet, but I decided to forgo that and will probably put one together myself on Friday with leftover centerpiece flowers. Now I just have to decide on what centerpiece flowers I want and what to put them in. The hunt for cheap vases continues!

5 comments:

  1. Your flower choice is basically the same as what I envision. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeee those flowers! So pretty and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the roses! We are having the bouquets made but then we'll be doing the centerpieces ourselves. I've found a bunch of milk glass bud vases and we'll be filling them with whatever flowers we can find at Costco in the days before the wedding. Having a florist do the bud vases was just way too expensive, so Costco it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm so excited I get peonies!!

    ReplyDelete