Thursday, January 6, 2011

They’re Here! They’re Here!

Invitations that is! We got a call from the printer that they were in last week and just picked them up 2 days ago. They are so lovely. I’m so excited to share them. We ordered 150 invitations with inner and outer envelopes, return address printing, response card with address printing, and extra envelopes and our total was less than $500. Things got pricey when I added on 250 informal cards (thank you cards) that ended up costing about $1 each… woops.
IMAG0253
I came home to this gigantic box and inside was this lovely…
IMAG0245
Big plans are in this envelope’s future. Stay tuned to see it transformed.
IMAG0246
Ahh!! Possibly my favorite part! Monogram on the flap and return address at the bottom.
IMAG0247
Open it up to find this! Another blank envelope in need of a transformation.
IMAG0248
Oh yeah I forgot to mention the envelope lining was also included in that price.
IMAG0249
Ta Da! Our invitation in all its loveliness.
IMAG0251
March 19 is soon! Gotta get these babies in the mail.
IMAG0252
Please mail me back!
IMAG0254
The little suckers that cost $1 each, but oh so pretty!
I’m very happy with how these turned out. I ended up not doing them myself because I needed a break! I wanted to let someone else handle it this time. We first went to an invitation store and the cheapest quote we got was over $800 for just the invitation and response sets, no thank you cards included. And I wasn’t very impressed with them. My mom had the brilliant idea to go to our local printing shop and see if they did wedding invitations, they did yay! So we went in looked through about 5 books and kept coming back to this invitation. When we priced it out at about $475 we knew we couldn’t beat that.
If you haven’t ordered invitations yet I strongly suggest you have a very firm idea of what you want when going to the store, because the selection is overwhelming!! I left the first store tired and confused and thinking we were going to be spending about $1000 on invitations!! But we didn’t give up and I think we found a great invitation for half the price.

1 comment: