Tuesday, February 15, 2011

DIY: Invitation Addressing and Stuffing

I have revealed our invitations and you know they are in the mail, but now for all the details from them arriving at the house to getting dropped off at the post office.

IMAG0268

This was my set up for 3 days of straight envelope printing. On the floor, computer in lap, and hand feeding each envelope into the printer.

IMAG0264IMAG0265IMAG0266

Had I taken the 5 minutes to refresh my mind on mail merge this probably would have gone a lot quicker, but not all our addresses were entered the way they needed to be written so I figured I would have to triple check each envelope anyway. I first measured my envelopes and made a word document for inner envelope and outer envelope then centered the text on the page and entered each address. I used Champignon font since it was the closest I could come to  the script on our invitations without having to buy a font. I will also be using Champignon on all printed materials for the wedding day.

IMAG0267IMAG0269

Hard at work on the floor of H’s office. I used the laser printer at H’s office. A few times it had trouble passing the inner envelope through (they were much thicker because of the liner) but with a little push it made it though.

After printing 300 envelopes I was pretty much over the invitations and handed the stuffing and stamping job off to my parents. We set them up in an assembly line at the dining room table. Dad stamped while mom stuffed. Dad almost got fired when he started stamping both the inner and outer envelopes. A little panic ensued over us not having enough to reprint and he saved the day when he removed the inner envelope stamp leaving no mark!

IMAG0277IMAG0279

It took them no time at all to get all these stamped and stuffed. And after collection some last minute additions they made it into the mail the next day.

IMAG0275

Printing them ourselves saved us a lot of money, but not time! There are a few companies around here that will print the addresses for you but, charge anywhere from $.75 to $1.25 an envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment