Saturday, February 5, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

Happy almost Superbowl! For anyone needing some last minute menu ideas, I will be making Restaurant Style Salsa courtesy of The Pioneer Woman and Skinny Taco Dip courtesy of Gina at Skinny Taste
along with some chicken and shrimp quesadillas. Superbowl Sunday will be a Mexican Fiesta for us.

And for dessert my favorite - Football Oreo Truffles I got the idea from Bakerella and made them for the Outback Bowl this year. Mine did not turn out nearly as cute as her's but they tasted pretty yummy. Lesson learned do not use a 3 decorating tip, use a 1... oh well, next time.

My modified recipe lightens things up a bit:
8 oz  1/3 less fat cream cheese
1 package of Oreos ( I suppose I will try reduced fat Oreos next time and see how the results are)
Melted semi sweet chocolate
Melted white chocolate for laces

1. Combine cream cheese and oreos in food processor and blend until dough ball forms.
2. Roll mixture into 1" balls and attempt to shape into footballs (or skip the footballs all together and just have Oreo truffles)
3. Place on large baking tray and freeze
4. Melt chocolate
5. Dip frozen balls in chocolate and refreeze to harden
6. If decorating as footballs melt the white chocolate, place in a piping bag and using a 1 tip pipe some laces on.
7. Again refreeze to let harden.
These are sure to be a winner and are so easy to make.

PS I had a great time at my shower! Can’t wait to share photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment