Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Asian Turkey Sliders and Slaw

I have seen a few bloggers post the asian turkey sliders recipe so I won’t repost I’ll just link you to the recipe I used. I followed the recipe pretty exact. My only substitution was when making the wasabi mayo, rather than use mayo and wasabi powder, I used light Miracle Whip and prepared wasabi (because we don’t eat mayo and I had some Miracle Whip leftover from chicken salad and some prepared wasabi from that time we made sushi.)
But now for the star (in my opinion) of the show. This is a favorite in my parent’s house. I have been known to devour massive amounts of this slaw, seriously it is addicting! When I came across the turkey sliders I knew this would be the perfect compliment to them. I immediately called my mom for the recipe. She loosely bases hers on a recipe she found years ago in a cookbook, sorry don’t know which one. You should also know that the full recipe will make a ton. If you aren’t planning on feeding an army I suggest cutting it in half. Half of a recipe will still easily feed 4-6 people.
Chinese Noodle Slaw
  • 2 bags coleslaw mix
  • 10 green onions, chopped
  • 2 bags ramen noodles
  • 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup oil
  • 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
  • 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 package slivered almonds
Crush noodles into small pieces. Spread with almonds on baking sheet.
IMAG0464_edit0
Bake in toaster/oven at 350 degrees until browned. (Oops they got a little extra brown.)
IMAG0465_edit0
Meanwhile combine sugar, oil, soy sauce, and vinegar in sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let cool cover and refrigerate until just before serving.
Empty coleslaw mix into large bowl.
IMAG0466_edit0
Add chopped green onions, mandarin oranges, noodles and almond. About 5-10 minutes before serving add the dressing and toss together.
IMAG0469_edit0
And because you can’t resist sneak a bite, but shh don’t tell anyone.
IMAG0470_edit0

2 comments:

  1. This looks so fabulous! We are always looking for new yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this THIS weekend..sounds amazing, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete