Remember when I went to Lumber Liquidators and finally decided on a floor I liked. Well surprise, surprise I changed my mind. And remember how we needed 1700 square feet (enough for the whole house) and H was going to install it himself. Well guess what, none of that happened either. Instead we went to Floor and Décor Outlet and purchase 590 square feet of Caribbean Rosewood Laminate, underlayment, and quarter rounding and I searched Craigslist for an installer. We decided to only put new floors downstairs because it was much cheaper to only do half the house and our budget would allow us to spend a little extra to get a nicer product we loved instead of settling. So I found someone who would install for $1 per square foot and he could come out the next day. SCORE! We had been waiting to move our downstairs furniture in because we are lazy and don’t like to have to move stuff around 5 times, so time was of the essence. The installers showed up at 8 am and were here until 8 pm. I was off work for the day so I hung around the house to supervise.
I snuck downstairs a few times to see how things were coming along and snap a few photos.
And now please take a look at our before shots with the carpet and vinyl in the kitchen.
And now that it is all said and done:
It doesn’t even look like the same house. Oh and still wondering about those cabinets? More details to come soon. Please excuse the bomb that exploded in our house.
The floors look great! Love the colour!!
ReplyDelete