Monday we celebrated one month of marriage. I stopped by our local liquor store and bought a bottle of wine and cooked a quick little dinner. With all the house work, job work, and the fact that my kitchen is a disaster I just haven’t been in the mood to cook. Most nights we order pizza or check out a cheap local joint. Our first home cooked meal was Sunday night when we made waffles with our amazing waffle maker (possibly one of our favorite wedding gifts, thanks Tiff!) As much as I love waffles for dinner (or anytime) waffles and wine may not be the best combo. On my recent grocery run Publix had chicken breast on sale and they had a coupon on them for the new Philadelphia cooking creams. I figured, since I work for the company, to give them a try. The cooking creams were also on sale. So with my coupon I ended up paying $.50 each for them. Now back to Monday night, while debating between Alice’s Cashew Chicken or using the cooking cream my decision was made when I realized I didn’t have any soy sauce, cooking cream it was.
I threw a pound of chicken, 1 large chopped green pepper , and 1 small chopped onion in a skillet sprayed with Pam and boiled some pasta (about 3/4 of a box).
Once the pasta was cooked I added that to the skillet along with a few tablespoons of pasta water, and 3/4 of the tub of garlic cooking cream.
Tada! Easy dinner. In the future I would add the entire tub of cooking cream since the meal kind of dried out a bit. The addition of mushrooms would also be a great touch. The cooking cream was alright, easy for someone who is scared of the kitchen or a quick meal, but I probably won’t buy them regularly. I prefer just to make my own sauces.
And since I mentioned we had wine with dinner I shall tell you about our wedding gift that we were really excited to use. For a
We did a with and without taste test and could tell a difference when using it. It wasn’t a huge difference but it did make it more pleasant to drink. Up until now we have just let our wines breath by opening the bottle and letting them sit before drinking, but usually I am not patient enough for that method, and because we were too cheap to buy a decanter they just sat in the bottle and didn’t get enough air. But now we have our nice little aerator, perfect for the impatient wine drinker, like myself.
PS sorry about the photo quality, my camera charger is packed away somewhere and my battery is dead. Please excuse the next few weeks of subpar photos.
Awesome spin on the recipe! I love me some pasta!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad someone other than hubby and myself celebrate the monthiversary! And now every month since as well, any excuse to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteFun! Your dinner sounded nice! Congrats on one month! :) We just passed our one month yesterday. We plan to celebrate a little later this week.
ReplyDelete