I don’t think I have ever shared the story of how we met on here. I recently submitted our wedding to the local newspaper and this Sunday our story will run. So I figured before I post that article I will give you all the full background.
It all started back when I was in kindergarten and H was in 4th grade . We both attended the same very small, private elementary school. I didn’t know him at the time, because of the age difference, but I knew his brother who was only a year older than me. The next year they moved away, only to return a year later, but when they came back to our hometown they went to a different school. Fast forward 13 years and I am a freshman in college. It was my spring semester and we had our Valentine’s date function called Heart Throb coming up. Each girl could bring two guys. I had asked one of my guy friends to come but he had a big test the next day so I just tagged along with some other girls. We all met and got ready at my dorm and a few girls and their dates came over to pregame. My friend, M, told me earlier in the week she was going to be bringing her boyfriend and his roommate, and that her boyfriends roommate was pretty cute. So of course I was interested in meeting this roommate. Once they arrived at my dorm we started talking, and I started drinking. By the time we were ready to go to the function I think I had finished a bottle… needless to say I don’t quite remember the rest of the night. H was nice, we talked, danced, drank more… It wasn’t until the next day that I remember making the connection of who he was. We were both from the same city, had gone to the same elementary school, his aunt was my 5th grade teacher. I called my mom to ask if she knew the family and of course she did (that lady knows everyone!) She informed me that he had grown up in the neighborhood across the street from ours. That day H and I had our “first date”, lunch at Chick fil a where I ordered a kid’s meal and we played the included game or about an hour. He tells me that’s when he fell in love with me.
He was a senior my freshman year, so that semester was the only one we had together at school. He graduated and returned home to work and I finished my 3 more years. We got engaged the spring semester of my senior year so I could have a candlelighting! After graduation it was so nice to finally be able to move home and be close to each other rather than 2.5 hours apart.
That’s a simplified version of our story. I am interested to see how it turns out in the paper. I think we may have confused the reporter a few times. Hopefully it comes out right.
What’s your story?
Cute Story :)
ReplyDeleteHere's My/Our story :)
http://hollymarieee.blogspot.com/p/our-story.html
Aw. Cute! It was meant to be!!
ReplyDeleteCute story! I hope it comes out ok in the paper!
ReplyDeleteI think the fact that you've known each other so long is so neat. Especially since when you first met up in college you had no idea!
ReplyDelete