The Faraway Inn is cute and kitschy. This is a photo of the front courtyard looking toward the office and a few of the motel rooms. We stayed in the smallest room with only a fridge and a microwave. All the other rooms have full kitchens, but we didn't plan on doing much cooking. The Faraway Inn is right on the water and a very easy walk to anywhere in town. They also have free bikes and kayaks. We are looking forward to going back in the future.
By the time we arrived, had a tour of the grounds, and had a glass of wine it was getting pretty late so we headed down to Dock Street for dinner. Big Deck was all outdoors and their patio was dog friendly. Murphy made friends with some locals while we enjoyed our dinner.
When I ordered a glass of wine, this was what was delivered. Keeping it classy with a plastic cup! While we were eating I was conviced the Gator basketball coach Billy Donovan was sitting one table away from us, and sure enough it was him. The food at Big Deck was good enough. I had a shrimp po boy. The fried shrimp was fantastic, the bread it came on not so much. I ended up just picking the shrimp off. Hagin had a burger that was the same way, the bun not so good. And I was really excited about the curly fries... that came out cold :( oh well. I just ordered another "glass" of wine, except this time she didn't bring me a cup so I had to drink from the bottle.
Saturday morning we woke up to slightly overcast and extremely windy. We took Murphy for a walk around town and down to the beach. We saw atleast 5 people from the previous night who all remembered us because of Murphy. Such a quaint small town.
We hoped the walk would wear Murphy out enough so we could leave him in the room and go to a non dog friendly restaurant. But each time we tried to leave he barked constantly. So we took him and headed to Kona Joe's, the owners must have been out of town because they were closed until October 11. We found a roadside stand selling mullet spread and bought that and some crackers and headed back to the Faraway. They have an herb and vegetable garden for their guests. So we picked some fresh jalapenos to eat with our dip.
Our only family portrait of the trip. Enjoying our lunch outside under the pavillion.
Just Murphy making a funny face. This little guy cracks me up.
I really, really, really wanted to go bike riding! But we weren't sure Murphy could do it. Obviously leaving him in the room was out and the basket wasn't sturdy enough to hold him. So we hooked him into his long leash and went. He actually did pretty good. We only almost ran him over a few times. Hagin called him his sled dog because Murphy was the one pulling him up the hills.
On our bike ride we passed this house built out of cedar. It looks so cute and rustic. I will take it for my vacation house!
The sunset Saturday night. Right outside of the hotel.
Sunday morning we hoped to get up and do some kayaking before checking out the state park and heading home. Unfortunatly the weather had other plans. It was rainy with no signs of clearing up. So instead we packed up the car and headed home.
It was such a nice relaxing weekend. I think we are both feeling more recharged.
No comments:
Post a Comment