Every Friday after work Hagin and I head to the local liquor store to pick up some wine, beer, and any good deals that catch our eyes. I usually check out the international wine aisles for bottles that have been marked down. Ideally I like to find good bottles of wine for under $10. As a way to start cataloging which wines I enjoy I am going to start posting my wine reviews. I hate getting to the store and finding a bottle that I know I have had before but I can’t remember if I liked it or not.
I tend to like sweeter wines. I am a big fan of Rieslings, certain Moscatos, and I will drink Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. I rarely touch Chardonnay. For reds I usually stick to Shiraz and I don’t venture far from that. I do love to discover new wines so I will try anything once (send me your favorites!)
Have you tried this? What were your impressions?
What a cool idea! I may come to you for some wine advice! :)
ReplyDeleteOh nice! I'm not a fan of Moscato, but may give this a try. Are you going to Total Wine? They have such an awesome wine collection there. We like to get our wine and beer from there.
ReplyDeleteOff topic...It's a shame we live so close to one another and we never get together! You, Bride-onicles and I should get together sometime!
We used to live right around the corner from a Total Wine, but since we have moved its not as close. There is this local place called Luekens that is now right down the street from us that we think has even better prices than Total Wine! But they don't carry the Riesling I like, have to go to Total Wine for that.
ReplyDeleteWe should get together sometime. My sister just started at UCF. So I'm sure we will be in town sometimes. Or if you girls ever want a getaway to the beach :)