Breakfasts:
Muffin Melts - I plan to make these over the weekend uncooked and individually wrap them and freeze. Just pop them under the toaster oven broiler when we need breakfast and done.
Yogurt - I try stock up on Greek yogurt when it goes on sale
Oatmeal - Already have a can of quick cooking oats. Add some cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, and water to a bowl microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds.
Bagels - Always keep these in the freezer
Lunches:
Leftovers - Most meals I cook are big enough for us to have leftovers for at least one lunch each. If we already have our lunches planned out for the week I will freeze the leftovers in lunch size portions for easy lunches on weeks when we don't have it all together.
Dinners:
Friday - Hagin's work dinner
Saturday - Steak and veggie lo mein - I bought sirloin on sale a month or two ago and veggies on sale last week. Saute steak and veggies in sesame oil. Add low sodium soy sauce and sesame seeds. Toss with cooked spaghetti. I only use on small sirloin steak and a lot of veggies to help our meat go farther.
Sunday - Turkey Meatballs with spaghetti and frozen veggies - I stocked up on ground turkey recently, we always have pasta and frozen veggies on hand.
Monday - Pulled pork tacos - I made pulled pork for dinner last weekend for Hagin's mom and grandma. Froze the leftovers. We already have soft tacos, cheese, sour cream, and salsa. I might make a side of rice. and beans which I already have.
Tuesday - Turkey Chili and cornbread - More ground turkey and beans and tomatoes I bought recently on sale. Always keep the ingredients for an easy cornbread on hand. I may consider adding some jalapenos to change it up.
Wednesday - Chicken Florentine frozen skillet meal - I like to buy the frozen skillet meals when they are on sale AND I have a coupon. They are very convenient when we are running low on food or I need a quick dinner.
Thursday - Turkey breast, sweet potatoes, and roasted carrots - One of the only meals this week I actually need to buy the ingredients for. Good thing they are all on sale.
Friday - Homemade Pizza - Need the crust, some cheese and toppings already have the sauce.
Saturday - Leftover pasta
Sunday - CHRISTMAS!
Saturday - Steak and veggie lo mein - I bought sirloin on sale a month or two ago and veggies on sale last week. Saute steak and veggies in sesame oil. Add low sodium soy sauce and sesame seeds. Toss with cooked spaghetti. I only use on small sirloin steak and a lot of veggies to help our meat go farther.
Sunday - Turkey Meatballs with spaghetti and frozen veggies - I stocked up on ground turkey recently, we always have pasta and frozen veggies on hand.
Monday - Pulled pork tacos - I made pulled pork for dinner last weekend for Hagin's mom and grandma. Froze the leftovers. We already have soft tacos, cheese, sour cream, and salsa. I might make a side of rice. and beans which I already have.
Tuesday - Turkey Chili and cornbread - More ground turkey and beans and tomatoes I bought recently on sale. Always keep the ingredients for an easy cornbread on hand. I may consider adding some jalapenos to change it up.
Wednesday - Chicken Florentine frozen skillet meal - I like to buy the frozen skillet meals when they are on sale AND I have a coupon. They are very convenient when we are running low on food or I need a quick dinner.
Thursday - Turkey breast, sweet potatoes, and roasted carrots - One of the only meals this week I actually need to buy the ingredients for. Good thing they are all on sale.
Friday - Homemade Pizza - Need the crust, some cheese and toppings already have the sauce.
Saturday - Leftover pasta
Sunday - CHRISTMAS!
Shopping List:
- 2 - Publix Baby Cut Carrots
- 2 - Mueller’s Pasta
- 2 - Thomas’ English Muffins
- 2 lbs Publix Young Turkey Breast
- Sweet potato
- 2 - Fage Greek Yogurt
- 2 - Pills Pizza Crusts
- 1 - Smart Balance Milk
- Eggs
- Dijon Mustard
Look at you go! Wow, I can definitely use this as some motivation to make a "plan" for my husband and I. We always blow our food budget. So many events come up and we feel obligated to go. We just need to start saying no :(
ReplyDeleteThanks for some great ideas!
Oh man, you seem sooooo with it. I try every week to plan ahead to save funds and eat in more. Some weeks I am uber successful and some weeks, not.so.much. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteyou received a versatile blogger award!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.msmiamaree.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html