Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wine Review: Blue Vin–Riesling

This came at the recommendation of the sales clerk. We were looking for a cheaper Riesling than my usual for the wedding. I usually drink Starlight Castle (coming up in another post), but the lady at Total Wine recommended Blue Vin because it is a privately owned vineyard who actually sells their grapes to Starlight Castle and other wine makers.  We ended up buying 6 bottles for the wedding and had 3 leftover. Very few people drank it, not a problem, more for me!
Some people think of Riesling as a dessert wine, but I love to have it with chicken and seafood. Heck I’ll even drink it with steak. I’m just breaking all the rules.
Blue Vin Riesling Review
Do you have a favorite sweet wine?

2 comments:

  1. I drink riesling at every meal I can! :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love riesling, but lately its gotten a bit sweet for me, I am now into trying some reds! Love the review!

    ReplyDelete