Friday, January 13, 2012

Container Gardening

My little container garden has expanded and is thriving!  I have been using fresh basil and dill (seen on the right) in so many dishes. I’m not so sure the rest of my garden was worth the investment, but the herbs have paid for themselves many times over. On the far left I planted some mini potatoes that I bought at the grocery store and forgot to use. This weekend I am going to be digging them up. Hoping for a few potato dishes for dinner next week. And as you can see my tomato plant in the middle is finally starting to produce. I have an almost ripe tomato and 2 others in the works.

DSC_0092

I tried planting romaine lettuce, but have since learned the “pot” I chose to use is better suited for leaf lettuce than head lettuce.

DSC_0090

It was been a fun learning experience and thanks to the mild Florida winter all of my plants are doing great. I’m looking forward to planting zucchini soon.

Do you have any gardening tips? Have you tried your hand at container gardening?

1 comment:

  1. I so wish our kitties would let us have a fun little garden. Once we're in a house, right?! sigh. SO jealous! xoxo {av} |{long distance loving}

    ReplyDelete