Friday, February 3, 2012

H & L Tie the Knot: Cake Cutting and Sneaking Away for Photos

After some dancing we took a break to cut the cake. Again I have to say how much I loved our cake. It was exactly what I was hoping for, a simple design with a lot of flowers. I can’t make a serious face in photos apparently, so enjoy. These are the most normal I could find.

LHWed280


Don't you like how people mysteriously appear. Oh and that lady with her back to us the whole time is my mom.

LHWed281LHWed282

We were having so much fun during the reception we had kind of just forgotten about the rest of the night. Our photographer had to tell us to kiss after cutting the cake. We stood around for a minute not knowing what to do.

I told Dawn earlier in the day I wanted to sneak away at some point in the reception to get a few photos of just us. We went out on the dock to take photos with our escape “vehicle.”

LHWed275LHWed277

All photos by Dawn Haas Photography

Up Next: Theta Serenade

5 comments:

  1. Your cake is beautiful,love all those pictures after too. We also snuck away and those are some of my favorite pictures of our wedding night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cake! And I love the pictures by the boat, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pictures! I want a boat to "drive" away in!! And I don't mean just for my wedding...I'm talking an every day excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your cake! It really has the same type of feeling I'm hoping to have with ours.

    ReplyDelete