Monday, February 6, 2012

Superbowl Eats

I interrupt today's regularly scheduled menu post to bring you our Superbowl snacks. For only 6 people we had WAY to much food, but that just means our lunches are taken care of for the week.

For appetizers we had vegetables, pita chips, crackers, tortilla chips, hummus, spinach artichoke dip and queso. We probably should have stopped with the food here, but no we kept going.

DSC_0001


For dinner we had sliders and brats.

DSC_0005
And a topping bar for the sliders. Sauteed onions, mushrooms, bacon, chipotle mayo, and guacamole. Again after this much food dessert was probably not necessary.

DSC_0004

For dessert I made chocolate pecan pie bars and my mom made homemade vanilla ice cream.

DSC_0007

I am not a fan of NFL, at all. I love college football, but the NFL is just not my thing. Honestly before Sunday I had no idea who was playing. I didn't watch much of the game or the commercials, but I did enjoy some tasty food.

Later today I will be back with our weekly menu.

3 comments:

  1. I loooove that you had a topping bar for the sliders. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a college football kind of gal too! Delicious spread!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we went to a party and I barely watched the game, either. I did like the commercials though. I massively went over my budget this past week on....everything! This is a lot harder than I was expecting

    ReplyDelete