Our bathroom is inching closer and closer to completion. Once I finally picked a paint color everything started to fall into place. In this post you can see the horrible aqua color that we exchanged for a nice chocolate brown. We replaced the vinyl flooring with tile, and I didn’t mention it but at the same time as the tiling we replaced the toilet. All of our toilets previously were the itty bitty kind so for our master we put in one of the the tall oval toilets. It’s the little things that make us happy. It was $98 from Home Depot, the Glacier Bay Dual Flush.
For a quick refresher, the day we closed on the house.
And finally starting to look how I envisioned it. I painted the cabinets the same color as our kitchen cabinets, Glidden Antique White, color matched at Lowes in Valspar semi gloss paint. I used Kilz 1-2-3 Primer this time around and have to say that it was a much better choice than the Valspar High Hiding Primer we used on the kitchen cabinets.
If you can tell at the top of the picture the light fixture has not changed. This is not by choice, I don’t actually like this builder grade light fixture at all. True to Murphy’s Law we hit a minor speed bump in this reno. We had purchased a lovely light fixture, it was similar to this one in the satin nickel finish. We had removed the current one, cut the wires, and started cutting a hole in the wall for the new light fixture. Once we had a hole to install the mounting box we realized the concrete wall was only about an inch and a half past the drywall. We made multiple trips to Lowes testing out all sorts of different mounting boxes and couldn’t find any that would work. I talked to an employee about it on my last trip and he basically said there was nothing we could do. I almost cried in the middle of Lowes over a light! In the end we decided that some light was better than none and put the old fixture back up while we decide what to do from here.
The hardware I ordered from Pulls Direct. Both from Amerock’s Allison collection in satin nickel. The cup pulls can be found here and the knobs here. They are a great value and excellent quality. I just ordered our kitchen hardware from Pulls Direct also and am anxiously awaiting their arrival.
Our new toilet, the best $100 we spent!
Now for the budget breakdown:
Tile: $1400 (material and installation) for all three bathrooms
Toilet: $98
Paint: $60 purchased using Lowes giftcards
Hardware: $20
If we divide the tile installation by 3 so far the project has run us about $585 cash and $60 worth of gift cards ordered with credit card points. All that’s left is to buy the supplies to frame the mirror (using gift cards) and be on the look out for a new shower curtain and rug to incorporate some more blue into the room.
Wow that looks good!
ReplyDeleteLooks so awesome,you guys did an awesome job :-) Love that paint color!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great re-do, I would have expected it to cost a lot more but doing it yourself saved a ton of money! It looks awesome :)
ReplyDeleteI don't think I noticed last time you posted about the bathroom that the cabinets were different. I love the new look
ReplyDeleteThe cabinets are the newest change. Painting them has been my project recently.
DeleteUm, this looks amazing. We may need to have a blogger meet up at your place soon - I want to see it all!
ReplyDeleteOur bathrooms are awful and seriously need to be redone. Our guest bathroom is a fishing/wilderness theme and we never finished painting our master bathroom when we moved it. But unfortunately fixing them up isn't a huge priority for us, so it'll probably be a while till we improve them.
ReplyDeleteLooks so nice! Thanks for letting me know about the toilet. We have such a small, old toilet that came with our house and we need to replace it. I was afraid it would cost too much.
ReplyDelete