Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day

Happy Valentine’s Day friends! I met my sweet husband 5 years ago yesterday. Our first “date” was to Chick-fil-a on Valentine’s Day for lunch. I ordered a kid’s meal and we spent 2 hours in the restaurant playing the game that came with it. That night we met up with some friends out at a bar and the rest is history…

The year we got engaged we went to Savannah for Valentine’s Day, but usually we keep it pretty low key. This year the plan was to make chicken parmesan for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. Plans have changed slightly instead we are having chicken stuffed with portobello mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and for dessert chocolate pots de crème courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.

pots_de_creme

I made the pots de crème this morning. If you are looking for a quick easy dessert I would highly suggest this. Took all of 5 minutes to throw together and I am hoping they are pretty yummy. Hagin’s soccer team has a game tonight. After the game we are going to snuggle on the couch and watch Breaking Dawn. I’m so excited, because we haven’t seen it yet.

4 comments:

  1. Have a good night! Sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum can't wait to see pics of the food :-) Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how y'all met! Too cute. Vday is my favorite holiday and chick fil a is my fav. fast food! ha!

    ReplyDelete