Monday, February 13, 2012

Weekly Menu 2/13/2012

After spending over double our weekly grocery budget last week on Super Bowl treats, I tried to keep this week simple using up food we have and using a Groupon to buy some meat at a local store.

  • Monday: Pork with potatoes and veggies
  • Tuesday: Chicken Parmesan with pasta and veggies (Hagin loves Chicken Parmesan) and we are going to make chocolate fondue for a romantic dessert
  • Wednesday: Black bean and corn enchiladas using Old El Paso dinner kit
  • Thursday: Burgers
  • Friday: Spaghetti with homemade meat sauce and garlic bread

The only trip out to the grocery store we made, was a quick run in to Wal-Mart to grab some dried beans, butter, and cheese. I’m going to use the crock  pot to cook a big batch of dried black beans to use in the enchiladas and for lunch throughout the week. I just learned 1lb of dried beans makes around the same amount as 3 cans and costs about 1/3 less. We love black beans I’m excited to try out cooking them this way and storing leftovers in ready to go portions in the freezer.

3 comments:

  1. Would you mind sharing your chicken parm recipe? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I went over too. This week I am trying to use up some meat we have in the future and buy ONLY what's on sale for sides and what not. Going to be hard but I'm trying

    ReplyDelete