Wednesday, March 14, 2012

House 2: The Disaster

So listing our house was a quick decision, we finished up a few small projects, cleaned and organized all the rooms, and had our realtor come take photos. After this we started getting more serious about looking for a house. Another came up on our list that interested us. 2000 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, large 1/3 acre lot, no rear neighbors, and what looked like recent renovations. The MLS listing described it as “These recent renovations will captivate your sense of awe and stir your creativity as you envision your imprint on the finishing touches.” Apparently by finishing touches they meant installing all trim for windows, doors, baseboards, etc, grouting the tile, installing tile in the kitchen, completing one of the gutted bathrooms, and finishing the half finished kitchen. Not to mention that nothing was done in a style I like to begin with. So for me it was more like a gut job.

This house is definitely lacking in curb appeal, but nothing a little money can’t fix.

House 2

These floors are not my style at all. I thought if they were hardwoods I would be able to work with them, but they were laminate.

House 2 living room

While the appliances were nice and the cabinets appear nice it was obviously a DIY job. The doors didn’t close correctly a few drawers were missing and there was no floor.

House 2 kitchen

All photos from MLS listing.

This was a house that I knew the moment I stepped in the door wasn’t for me. I just wanted to turn around and leave, not to mention the horrible cat stench. I was pretty bummed after this house. There were no others that I was remotely interested in. Guess it would just be a waiting game until the right one came along.

2 comments:

  1. Well this is definitely the market to buy in and I'm sure the right one will come along when you least expect it, which is what happened to us! With the tiny budget we had when we first got married we ran into a lot of horrible properties before we found our current home, and it was a LOT cheaper than all the ugly ones we looked at! Wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we're looking to buy within 6-12 months in Dunedin, we're LOVING these posts!

    ReplyDelete