Friday, April 20, 2012

Murphy Update #3

Thank you for all your sweet words. Wednesday was a really hard day for us. As if finding out that our puppy had cancer wasn’t be enough, my grandpa passed away that night. When it rains, it pours.

Yesterday we met with the oncologist who made me feel a lot better. The prognosis is still not much better, but just talking with him helped a lot. We decided last night we will start him on chemo, because we feel that’s what Murphy would want us to do. We should know after 4 weeks of treatment whether it will have an effect. After 4 weeks if we see no results he will be taken off chemo. But if he is improving after 4 weeks he will remain on it and go through the 16 week process. After treatment is completed and he is in remission we have no idea how long he will stay in remission. The lymphoma will come back it is just a matter of time.

We are just hoping for the best and praying that he will respond to treatment and have a few more good years with us.

DSC_0884

8 comments:

  1. We're sending so much love to you three right now. We'll keep Murphy in our prayers through chemo and we hope hes able to enjoy many wonderful years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers your way, so sorry you have to go through this :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about the loss of your grandfather! Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lane I am so so sorry. Definitely thinking about you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather! :( I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea about your grandpa. I'm so sorry that its been such a herrendous week :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear of your loss of your Grandpa. Sending more prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete