Monday, April 23, 2012

Weekend Recap

Even though the weekend forecast called for rain pretty much all weekend we tried to spend as much time outside with Murph as we could.

Friday Murphy started chemo. I took him to the Tampa office, but from now on he will be getting it every Thursday at the vet’s Clearwater office. Dogs generally don’t have side effects from chemo, but they gave him an anti nausea just in case. He has been doing pretty well all weekend. He is also on prednisone to help reduce the swelling in his eye. Luckily last week we had a break from house showings, but someone wanted to see it from 5-6 on Friday so we decided to take Murphy and enjoy happy hour at Dunedin Smokehouse.

Saturday we got up and took a stroll around downtown Dunedin. We walked along the trail and came back home just in time for it to rain all afternoon. Our new to us dresser was delivered from my grandpa’s nursing home in the middle of the pouring rain and Hagin is happy that he can once again keep his clothes in our room. Before we put our house on the market I did some rearranging and made him put his dresser in the guest room because it looked better, but now that we have the matching one to mine he can move his clothes back.

Sunday was Bark in the Ballpark at Bright House Field. We had been looking forward to taking Murphy since last year! No amount of rain was going to stop us. Luckily most of it passed over and we only got sprinkled on a couple of times. We ran into one of Murphy’s dog park buddies who he was so excited to see. We told them the news and hope that we will be seeing them back at the park soon.

IMAG0936

Sunday evening we had an event to go to at the yacht club, we will do anything for free food! It was a goodbye party to the assistant manager, Kendal. She helped us plan our wedding and now is getting married herself. Before we left I had Hagin take a few photos of Murphy and I. Love this one, just got it printed today to put in a frame.

DSC_0944

Right now at Target 1 hour prints are $.10 each and there is a coupon on the website to save $1 when you buy 10 prints. So if you have 10 4x6 prints made they are free.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend, I know it's been hard lately :-( Love that picture so beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bark at the Park is SOOOOO FUN! I love that event! Looks like the pup is holding up well. :) Thinking of you and that last picture is Adorable! PS -- I had made my hubby keep his clothes in our guest room too. I didn't want his tacky dresser ruining our nice bedroom! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend and glad that Murphy is up in spirits. What a great picture of you two! He is such a little sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I was just thinking about you and wanted to stop by the blog :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete