Like I said on Monday we have some exciting news! I have tweeted about it a few times but, after 55 days on the market we received a full price offer on our house. Well, full price after we reduced it a few weeks ago, but it’s more than we hoped to get so we are happy. There were some slight amendments that we had to make to the contract and it took over a week for the seller to approve. We started to get nervous that it was not going to go through, until finally last Friday we got the news. The buyer is an investment group. While I am thrilled to sell for full price, I am a little sad to see it go to a company that is just going to rent it out and tenants that will most likely destroy it. They have the typical 14 day inspection period, but almost a week later we have heard nothing about an inspection. If after the 14 days they don’t inspect we will just go ahead with the closing. We are scheduled to close May 31st!
We haven’t even looked at a house since that last ones I posted about. It is very slim pickings around here or maybe I am just too picky. Yes, probably too picky, but I know what I want and I am not going to settle.
So where are we going to live? Well my dad has a “rental” house that he hasn’t actually rented out in years. It is vacant, but used as the family storage unit. It is full of junky furniture that my mom and I are trying to get him to part with. It has a yard! We are so excited Murphy is going to love it. I estimate we will probably be living there until at least December, but in case a great house comes on the market we are ready to move on it.
We are going to be gone all of Memorial Weekend so I guess I should start getting things together and maybe moving stuff over to the house. 21 days until we have to be out of here!
YAY!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome news! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteYay!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteAgain - lets celebrate the day y'all turn over the keys and we get a set of our own! Two new beginnings everywhere :)
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine how much of a pain it will be to sell our house, but it sounds like you managed to make it through relatively stress-free. Congrats and good luck on finding the perfect place!!
ReplyDelete