Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend felt long and short at the same time. We didn’t really do much and it was pretty relaxing. Friday night we had dinner with Hagin’s family. His mom and brother were in town and we haven’t seen them in a few months. We originally had plans to go out to celebrate my cousins birthday, but had forgotten his mom was coming and had to cancel. His brother came back to our house and we went out to the new micro brewery and House of Beer. I am not a huge beer fan, but I do enjoy a good cider. With college being on summer break there were a few groups of college kids at the place. Some of the girls were ordering a drink next to me and said they felt stupid ordering cider. Apparently I should be ashamed for drinking it haha.

Saturday we nursed our hangovers and somehow made it out to Panera for lunch. I really need to get their black bean soup recipe, because it is about the only thing I like at Panera. I’m not a fan of their overprice sandwiches and the cold paninis they always serve me. We watched TV the rest of the day and I made fish tacos for dinner. Then decided to head out to see the Avengers.


We love all the Marvel movies, especially Iron Man. This was no exception I loved it, but I want to see it again, because I feel like there were parts I missed.

Sunday for Mother’s Day we spent the day out on the boat with my parents and sister. Even though it was overcast we had a nice relaxing day. For my mom I spray painted a pot with chalkboard paint and potted a basil plant in it.
Mother's Day Present
And tonight we will be celebrating Mother’s Day with Hagin’s mom and grandma!

It was a relaxing weekend, but like the rest of them, over too soon.

4 comments:

  1. How fun,I so love cider beers too :-) That plant is adorable what a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to do the EXACT same thing for my bf's mom- chalkboard painted planter with basil! But I knew I wouldn't have it done in time for Sunday. Looks great though!

    Just saw the Avengers too- really enjoyed it, especially Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cider is awesome- don't feel lame because you like it! Just saying, cider would get me more drunk then beer.... so I think that means it's more awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but your posts have once again stopped showing up in my blogger. Grrrr. ANYWAY, looks like a great weekend and I like your Mother's Day Gift. And I def need to see The Avengers again because I know I missed some things. And beer < Cider any day!

    ReplyDelete