Monday, January 7, 2013

Main Bathroom Paint Job

This is the main bathroom in our house that the two bedrooms share. Of course it couldn’t be semi decent and whitish like our other bathroom. Instead it is what I call flesh colored. And not just a single flesh color but multiple. We have all races covered in this bathroom. This small room has caused me to most stress. I was just trying to do a few simple updates paint and a new rug, but for the life of me couldn’t decide on a paint color.  The before with the same dingy paint that was in the rest of our house, notice the toilet and sink are two different colors. but what you don’t see is that the tub is also a different shade of flesh.
Main Bath Before
Clearly blue is not working in this room, but these are our favorite towels. And I bet you are jealous of those light fixtures…

And after a few coats of Benjamin Moore Beeker Beige, the after:
Main Bath After 1Main Bath After 2
The rug was my inspiration for the room. I wanted to tie in some of the cooler blues from the rest of the house, but knew this room couldn’t pull off a grey or blue paint color. When I found this rug at HomeGoods I knew the direction I was going in. Teal, green, and beige were a perfect way to tie it all together. Luckily the shower tile is white so the beige does pop a bit against the tile and the door moldings.
Usually I am all about sampling a color before throwing it up on the wall, but I just picked this one out and went with it. I’m not completely in love with the color in this room, but I am much happier with it than the previous. It’s amazing how a fresh coat of paint can instantly make a room look so much better.
I’m debating removing the small towel holder with the hand towels and replacing it with two white floating shelves that I can accessories. I also found some teal and white hand towels on sale at PB teen that I am considering ordering to bring some color to the walls.

2 comments:

  1. Looks a lot better! It's amazing what a fresh coat of neutral paint will do! If you want to add more color you could always get a cheap roller shade and add grosgrain ribbon in a fun color! Floating shelves are also cheap at Ikea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the shade is a good idea. I thought of taking the blinds down because the windows are already frosted. I was just at IKEA and of course the next day I thought about shelves... 45 minutes away.

      Delete