And I decided to make a floor plan for our cocktail hour and reception.
This took me way longer than I care to admit, but it was worth it. I like being able to visualize everything.
The patio is where our cocktail hour will take place. Our guests will enter through the foyer and walk straight through the wall onto the patio (jk there is a door that I forgot to include). The main dining room doors will be closed and guests won’t be allowed in there until the reception starts To the right of the patio is the pool deck and there will be some tables set up around the pool as well. All of the pink round tables are hightops and the small square tables are 4 person seated tables. The food station you see will have a cruditĂ© platter set up, and servers will be walking around with passed appetizers.
Once the reception starts everyone will move inside for the bridal party to be announced. After we are announced we will go directly into our first dance. Following the first dance the food stations will open up. There is a food station in every dining room and we will be removing the doors between the patio and the main dining room (as long as its not TOO hot) so guests can access the outdoor grill station and the largest bar. Inside we will have seats for 120 people at tables, the lounge which can seat approx 8-10, and the hightops will each have 2 barstools along with plenty of room for the boys to stand around. So altogether inside we will be able to seat 150 of our 287 we are inviting. Since the patio will now be opened up there will be seating for atleast 40 more people at the square tables along with hightops with no barstools. We do not plan on having all 287 people attending so even figuring 250 (which I think is a pretty high attending number) we will have seating for about 80% of our guests.
After dinner and some dancing the food station in the main dining room will turn into an ice cream sundae bar complete with brownies, cookies, sprinkles, chopped nuts, the works. As our guests leave they can grab a favor from the favor table in the middle of the foyers.
Here is where I need a little help. The green tables are possible locations for the flip flop basket. I’m thinking it would be better close to the DJ booth I don’t want it to be ignored in the foyer. Do you agree?
By the way the red blobs are fireplaces, the C is for cake table, the G is the gift table, and the music note is a grand piano which will have our guestbook on it.
Seeing this drawing makes it so much more real. I’m ready for April!
wow you are ridiculously organized! as a wedding planner myself, this is amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThis is great. Good job! I've actually been working on this type of thing all morning long...sigh...I'm making progress, but it's taken forever (I really shouldnt' have waited so long to do it).
ReplyDeleteAwesome job!
ReplyDeleteWow, this is great! I've been avoiding the floor plan for months now...And I like your idea of placing the flip flop basket by the dj table. Perfect spot!
ReplyDeleteI just saw that someone came over to my blog from this post today and I never knew it existed! Thanks so much for sharing my spreadsheet. I hope it was useful for you!
ReplyDelete