Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Homeowners At Last

If anyone else out there is planning on buying a house and getting married in the same week I would strongly advice against it. Today, yes you read that right, as in 3 days before our wedding, we will be closing on our first house. Our goals while we were house hunting was to be able to purchase something that needed some work, a few months before the wedding. Giving us some time to fix it up how we wanted it before we had to move in. Well that obviously didn’t work out for us, because I am super picky and super frugal. I came across the cute little townhouse that we will own in a mere 2 hours while I doing a random search one day. We had previously ruled out condo/townhouse types because of some very high HOA dues we came across, but when we found out this one was dirt cheap, the townhouse was dirt cheap, and it still needed some work I was pretty much sold. As a bonus it is located very close to a downtown area that we love.

So for the last few weeks I have handled all wedding related tasks and H has handled all house tasks. It has actually worked out pretty well for us, because H doesn’t have to deal with all the “petty” wedding issues. Unfortunately we won’t be able to get any work done before we move in and will just have to try and work around all our junk. Once we are back from the honeymoon I will begin sharing before photos and you can follow along for the after.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being new homeowners!! Can't wait to see your new digs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Oh my goodness, can't believe you closed on your house 3 days before your wedding! Craziness! We closed on ours about a couple months beforehand and I thought that was crazy and stressful. Looking forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete