Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Minute Memorial Weekend Trip

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend! On Sunday H and I headed about an hour and a half south, to Siesta Key, to meet up with some friends and enjoy our long weekend. Siesta Key was recently ranked #1 by Dr. Beach and living in Florida all our lives neither one of us had ever been down there. We stayed the night in the cutest little condo/hotel 1 block from the beach and just a few blocks from the village.

Once we got there Sunday we headed straight to the beach and watched the man next to us build this sand castle. It took him a few hours sculpting it. I don’t know if I would have the patience to do such a thing.

After beaching it all day we all went back got ready and headed to the village for dinner and drinks.
{apparently I have trouble opening my eyes after 2 drinks}

And as you can see I finally got around to finding my camera charger!

Did you do anything fun this long weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful relaxing weekend! I am still SOOO sore from trying to wakeboard for the first time..don't think I'll be trying that any time again soon!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That area is so fun! Glad you had a nice time!

    The hubs and I visited with friends, saw Hangover 2, and bbq'd. It was a very relaxing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete