Monday, December 5, 2011

It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

We don’t have that much Christmas décor, since it is only our first married Christmas. But I did try to grab a few things discounted after last season. Here is a quick tour of what we have.

The ornaments on the chandelier is all over pinterest right now and I love it. In the background of the picture is the pinecone wreath my grandma gave us. It is so old I had to rework it a little to hid some bare spots.

DSC_0197

I’m big into pinecones and have one more project I’m planning with them once all my supplies arrive. I picked up the candle at Home Goods the other day it smells like your at a Christmas tree farm.

DSC_0198

This weekend I finally got around to sewing my first sweater pillow, following Centsational Girl’s tutorial. And I have a Pottery Barn Christmas pillow on the way to update our couch for the season.

DSC_0200

I grabbed some extra limbs when we were picking out our tree, added some lights and ornaments. Décor on the cheap!

DSC_0201

We headed to a local stand that pops up every Christmas to check out their prices. They are usually pretty good. This year for a 7 foot tree they wanted anywhere from $70-$85. That was not going to happen. We headed to Lowes and got a pretty nice 7’ for $35. This week we will begin the tree trimming.

DSC_0206

Still working on photographing lights, any tips are appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful! Great decorating ideas! :) We also bought our tree at Lowes. They have the best prices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have much either and I went out and bought a few more things, but now I feel we need more. I love what you did above your cabinets in the kitchen, now I'm thinking I could do something like that too!

    ReplyDelete