I just love one pot meals. They are great after a long day of work when you just don’t feel like cooking and cleaning all night. I threw this soup together using some things I had on hand and it was a delicious, nutritious, and cheap dinner. And did I mention only one pot to clean!
Vegetable Tortellini Soup
8 Servings
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups water
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 zucchini, rough chop
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, rough chop
- 3 large handfuls of fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups frozen tortellini
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
In a large pot bring the chicken broth and water to a light boil. Add tomatoes with liquid, zucchini, mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, basil, Italian seasoning, and bay leaf. Keep at a light boil for 10-15 minutes, until zucchini starts to become soft. Add tortellini and spinach boil for 1 minute and reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Salt to taste.
Serve with croutons and parmesan cheese.
Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment