Friday, January 27, 2012

H & L Tie the Knot: Reception Details

Before I get any further into the Reception recaps (almost done, I promise!) I wanted to share all the details that we put so much work into.

If you remember two days before the wedding we put together the centerpieces, made up of hydrangeas, pink roses, and lisianthus. A few of the arrangements were a complete surprise to me. We had extra flowers so the staff member who put together all of the altar arrangements made a few extra for inside.

LHWed054

For our guestbook table I had photos from our parents and grandparents weddings. We are so lucky to have such great examples of wonderful loving marriages set by all of them. I love that I collected these photos from everyone, because now I have them on a bookshelf in our house.

LHWed023LHWed236

We put a few menus at every table along with votives surrounding the floral arrangements, but other than that the tables were kept simple. Small plates and silver wear were provided at each food station.

LHWed106

The Carlouel staff member also worked for hours on the chandelier arrangements and the arrangements on the fireplace mantels (in the very back).

LHWed025

Dancing Shoes were a hit! I would recommend these to every bride. I thought mainly my friends, the younger crowd, would use them, but everyone was wearing them. My only regret was not buying more.

LHWed237

Our cake was a great surprise. We got it from a local bakery that specializes in Key Lime pie and does a few wedding cakes, but not too many. I wanted to keep it simple with a classic design, because it was the inside that was the star of the show, the key lime filling.

LHWed049

Hagin’s mom ended up ordering the Groom’s cake from the same place. A wedding cake with a simple design is easy enough for any baker (I would assume), but a replica of a mascot, now that is impressive! Our groom’s cake was chocolate. Our main cake was supposed to serve 150. Everything you read says you should order more of your main cake than will be people attending. With the main cake, the grooms cake, and the sundae bar we had plenty left over, and got to save a little money for not ordering a 250 person cake.

9 comments:

  1. How pretty! That grooms cake makes me LOL. Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your details and my hubby is a huge Gator fan so he would love that cake haha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dancing shoes idea...so brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sign/frame for the flip flops! We also had flip flops and everyone used them too (well, the women anyway) but I ran out of time for a cute sign and just let that go, lol. I love the groom's cake too. That was the one thing we didn't do that I would have loved to have had for Jason. We had cupcakes and various desserts at ours so a groom's cake would have been too many sweets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A key lime wedding cake sounds so absolutely delicious! I'm actually craving a slice now. And I love the way the groom's cake turned out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that gator is some cake! Love it. Now you got me thinking that I should buy some "dancing shoes" for our guests too. Very cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I loved your centerpieces! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete