Thursday, February 23, 2012

Florida State Fair

I haven’t been to the state fair in years, since high school I think. My mom has a cousin visiting from Salt Lake City and I have plenty of time on my hands so we decided to make a day trip over to the fair. Sorry in advance for all the pictures. I was having fun with some borrowed lenses.

First we stopped to see the chickens and bunnies.

Chicken_Florida_State_Fair

Seriously this bunny has the longest ears ever. I don’t know how he even moves.

Long_ear_bunny

Then it was on to the cows. My grandfather was a dairy farmer, so if my mom were here she could name what every one of these babies were. I have no idea, but the spotted ones are cute.

cows_2_florida_State_fairCows_3_florida_state_fair

These ones reminded me of Murphy, in cow form. Hagin was looking through my pictures and said “You took these because they look like Murphy, didn’t you?” Guilty.

Cows_florida_state_fair

We checked out the goats and their babies.

goats_florida_state_fair

And of course no trip to the fair is complete without the food. We had an elephant ear for breakfast, half powdered sugar and half cinnamon sugar.

Funnel_cake_florida_state_fair

For lunch mom and I split a fried snickers and they threw in a free sample of the fried cookie dough. The snickers was somewhat enjoyable, but the cookie dough was the worst thing I have ever had. It made me nauseous.

Fried_snickers_&_cookie_dough_florida_state_fair

After all the food and animals I had to go home and lay on the couch for the rest of the afternoon. Too much fried for my stomach to handle. I think I have had my fair quota for the next few years.

6 comments:

  1. Man, fried food looks so good but it wrecks my gut. Ick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fair and seeing all the cute farm animals(even though they stink ha) we skipped it this year though too much going on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to the Florida State Fair since I was a little girl but we drove past last weekend and I really wanted to go. Too bad we had the dog with us so we couldn't stop :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM =] Love all the junk food.. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous photos you took. I love going to fairs strickly for the very unhealthy food..thats really the only reason Groomzilla and I will go to the one that comes to Central FL for the fried dough. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! The fair! We didn't make it this year, and we're sad that we didn't. I love love a good funnel cake. I like it when there is more crispy. Yum.

    ReplyDelete