Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beginning to House Hunt, Again

Sorry things have been so quite around here. We still haven’t found any great houses and have only had 1 showing on our current house. We are waiting until we get a little more traffic through before we get our hearts set on any house.

Currently we are in a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, 1712 sq ft, 1 car garage, townhouse. It was built in 2006 and is in great condition, has 2 huge closets in the master, and plenty of storage elsewhere in the house.

We are looking for at least 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2000 sq ft, 2 car garage, house. On at least 1/4 of an acre preferably large. A pool isn’t a requirement, but definitely would be a perk. The problem is I have this weird crush on 60’s-70’s ranches and 60’s-70’s ranches have small closets or only 1 master closet (gasp!). We have grown so accustomed to our nice large closets I am not willing to settle. We plan to stay in this house for a while, so I’m making sure it meets all of our requirements.

We have looked at two houses one was on 3/4 of an acre, beautiful brick and siding ranch, with foundation problems. The other was on 1/3 of an acre, not so attractive curb appeal, but from photos didn’t look terrible inside. One step inside and I knew it was not from me. It was mid reno, which I usually wouldn’t mind finishing. A. It was not in my style and B. It was very poorly done. Basically I would need to gut and start over.

Hopefully we will be able to find something with good space that we are able to stay in for years to come.

10 comments:

  1. Hope you find exactly what you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love older houses, too. Like in S Tampa, Seminole Heights but they're usually way expensive! LOL...I know there are places like what you want where you live now though, I guess its just a matter of finding the perfect place, huh? I can't wait to see what you guys find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE S. Tampa homes, but way to expensive!! I would totally go older like 20's-40's houses, but Hagin prefers somewhat newer so I have settled for 60's.

      Delete
  3. and the hunt continues! You will know it when you find just the right one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhg I dread it and love it at the same time!

      Delete
  4. Since we won't be moving to Dunedin for about 8-12 months (the husband will be house sitting there until I move down) - we've only house shopped on zillow so far. I can't wait until I get to actually step into the house!

    Also - Pretty much looking for exactly the same thing, so you're making me really excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is plenty that meet our criteria. Problem is about 75% of everything on the market here is short sales and we aren't looking at short sales, only regular sales or foreclosures. Right now our feed from our realtor only has 12 houses on it that match what we are looking for out of the millions for sale around here. So annoying.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the house hunting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, I need to catch up b/c I'm lost.. I thought y'all just bought your current house. I am going to catch up now and see what I've missed! :)

    P.s. SO exciting you're house hunting again! Loved that part..

    ReplyDelete